Notice of the Innis Arden Club, Inc. Annual Meeting
Wednesday, January 18, 2017
At the Innis Arden Clubhouse
4:30 p.m. sign-in for proxy holders
6:00 p.m. coffee hour and sign-in for Homeowners
7:00 p.m. meeting (after quorum has been established)
During the Annual Meeting, elections will be held to:
1) We will be electing a total of five Directors to the Board. The length of the term will be determined as follows:
- Open position (3 year, highest vote count)
- Open position (3 year, 2nd highest vote count)
- Open position (3 year, 3rd highest vote count)
- Open position (2 year, 4th highest vote count)
- Open position (1 year, 5th highest vote count)
Jamie Holter resigned, and the terms of Easton Craft, David Fosmire, Steve Johnston and Harley O’Neil have expired.
2) Ratify the election of the Activities Committee Chairperson (Maggie Taber) to the Board for a one-year term.
3) Approve the 2017 budget which is enclosed. The YTD expenses for 2016 will be available on the website in early January, and as a handout at the Annual Meeting. They were not yet available at the time of printing this notice. Go to www.innisarden.org, hover over the “Board of Directors” tab and select “Treasurer” from the drop down menu. For password, email email@example.com .
4) Approve annual dues of $748.00.
There are several ways that you can vote:
1) IN PERSON: During the Annual Meeting, submit ballot after signing in and nominations are taken from the floor. A ballot will be provided at the meeting.
2) BY PROXY: You may choose to have another person vote on your behalf. A proxy ballot is enclosed. Indicate your Innis Arden subdivision, block, lot (as reflected on your address label), proxy holder, and sign the ballot. Optionally, you may vote on ballot issues. Give your completed proxy to your proxy holder to bring to the annual meeting.
Or, you may designate the Innis Arden Board of Directors to vote on your behalf. Again, you may vote on ballot issues. Mail your completed proxy to:
Innis Arden Club, Inc.
P.O. Box 60038
Richmond Beach, WA 98160
3) EMAIL: Homeowners for whom we have email addresses will be emailed a ballot (and instructions) after the first of the year. If you aren’t already on the distribution list but wish to be, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please cast your eballot no later than January 18th at 6:30 pm.
Note: If you cannot attend the meeting, please vote by proxy or email to help establish a quorum.
(We cannot start the meeting until a quorum of 270 is established. Previously, the meeting has been delayed or rescheduled as volunteers called neighbors and scrambled for their proxy vote to establish a quorum)
Meeting Day–Sign-in and Pre-Meeting Dessert:
All are invited to coffee and dessert sponsored by the Activities Committee, starting at 6 PM in the Clubhouse.
1) If you are voting IN PERSON, sign-in will be between 6-7 PM. Also, please have handy your Innis Arden subdivision, block and lot number (see the upper left corner of your address label) as this helps the tellers sign you in.
2) If you are a PROXY holder, sign-in will be between 4:30-6 PM as a large number of proxy votes are anticipated and need to be processed in a timely manner. Between 6-7 PM, people voting in person will have priority over proxy holders.
3) Ballots will not be cast until after the meeting begins and a quorum (270 voters in person or by proxy) has been established.
- Approve the minutes from the January 20, 2016 Annual Meeting.
- Take nominations from the floor
- Candidates’ presentations followed by a question and answer period
- Discussion of other ballot issues
- Voting and the collection of ballots
- Board Member Reports: President, Vice President, Activities, Building and Remodels, Grounds, Clubhouse, Reserves, Treasurer
- Community Comments
- Announce Election Results
David Fosmire –
During my past term, I have worked to improve our community by participating in the Activities Committee, Rummage Sale, and the Pool House remodel. I have worked on projects in the Reserves to maintain and improve the Reserves’ trails for the continued enjoyment of all residents. I believe the Board needs to be an active and positive force in our community to enforce the covenants for the benefit of entire community. Without the continuing support of the community, the Board would not be successful defending the covenants from outside forces. I promise to uphold the covenants in order to maintain the distinctive character of Innis Arden. If I am re-elected to the Board, I will continue to organize and participate in efforts to enhance the natural beauty of Innis Arden, its community spirit and improve the Swim Club.
Steve Johnston –
It has been my privilege to serve the community for the past 3 years as a Board member, Reserves Chair and Compliance Committee member. With great people, sweeping Sound and Mountain Views, wooded properties near Boeing Creek, Clubhouse, Pool, and 50 acres of Natural Reserves, Innis Arden is a wonderful place to live.
We are extremely fortunate to live in a neighborhood with HOA covenants that protect our views, remodeling, and large lot sizes, and I am a strong supporter of them.
If you re-elect me, I am willing to serve in whatever capacity the Board requires. However, if I do continue as Reserves Chair, I am very excited about the coming year.
Among other things, we will build on the successes of the past two years by continuing to work with the City to establish a Vegetation Management Plan in 2017 which will allow gradual conversion to a low-to-mid height vibrant and beautiful native forest while reducing the impact of trees on Sound and Mountain views. We will continue to do whatever we can under the current Critical Areas Ordinance to improve views through pruning and removing City approved hazardous trees. We will continue to make the trails safer, easier to walk, and more accessible. Projects like new handrails, steps and bridge rebuilds will continue. We will ramp up invasive plant control and will plant hundreds more small to mid-size native trees and shrubs (We planted 610 trees in 2016 and about 800 in 2015).